Healthy Aging: How the aging process affects the body and what you can do about it
In this episode of the Aging in America Podcast, physical therapist Kari Jorgensen talks about healthy aging, and staying strong as we grow older.
Kari and her husband Jeremiah founded the Center for Spine and Sport Rehab in 2007 and have worked hard to provide the highest quality physical therapy services. Kari is trained in level 1 neurodevelopmental treatment (NDT) and certified in Functional dry needling and Neurokinetic Therapy (NKT). She has worked in several setting including pediatrics, geriatrics, skilled nursing, long-term care and outpatient orthopaedics.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why we have an increased risk for falls and injuries as we age
- Strengthening exercises you can do at home to maintain strength and flexibility
- How activities of daily living are affected by muscle strength and weakness
- Rehabilitation tips for joint replacements
- Signs and symptoms that might indicate a decline in health or muscle weakness