The Five Wishes of Hospice Care
A Personal and Professional Look at Hospice Care
In this episode of the Aging in America Podcast we talk with Rhonda Saunders, Director of Marketing for Hospice Community Care of Nebraska. The mission of Hospice Community Care is to provide dignified end-of-life care and quality services that allow our patients and their families/significant others to live life richly, deeply and meaningfully for as long as it may last, and to die with dignity in the setting of their choice.
Hospice Community Care cares for people with Alzheimer’s, Pulmonary Disease, CHF, Cancer, Liver Disease, Dementia, Parkinson’s, Renal Disease, Huntington’s Disease, ALS, and all end stage diagnoses.
Rhonda shares her experience as both a family caregiver and a Hospice professional, to provide you with a unique perspective on this sensitive topic.
In this episode you will learn:
- Answers to common questions families have about hospice
- How someone may “graduate” from hospice care
- Common myths about hospice
- The five wishes and why they matter
- When to call your hospice care provider
- Additional resources for families
- Common benefits and rewards of hospice care