Tips for Downsizing, Rightsizing, and Making a Move
Need some tips for downsizing? We have the expert on this episode! Changing Spaces Owner Jeannine Bryant shares how her company helps seniors manage transition through rightsizing and relocation services. She believes we don’t downsize, we simply rightsize and choose the things that bring value into our lives.
Changing Spaces is a bonded and insured company that offers a full range of services designed to give clients peace of mind and caring assistance as they pursue a new home environment that better suits their needs. Their mission is to provide clients with the quality consultation and management services, as well as the physical labor, needed to accomplish a transition clients can feel good about.
What exactly is “rightsizing?”
Rightsizing is finding that place between too much and too little in your life. Changing Spaces assists people in finding that place while they prepare for a move, or even if they plan to stay in their current home. The goal is to direct a process of clearing out items that people no longer use or love in their homes, and find a way to keep those items that are near and dear to hearts. By clearing out the excess, there is more room to display and enjoy those items that bring happiness!
In this episode you will learn:
- The importance of “place” and the emotions tied to it, as well as the difficulty sometimes associated with leaving one’s home.
- Sorting and rightsizing the belongings in their home to packing and unpacking everything as they move
- Practical tips in moving and packing
- Advantages of hiring a company when doing estate sales
- How to price items in garage sales
- How they educate clients on supply and demand
- The items that women often try to hang onto when they are faced with downsizing decisions
- How to find out about their estate sales!