Assisting with relocation and/or down-sizing to age at home
Sometimes the aging process requires us to find a different home environment. Perhaps your loved one is moving to a smaller home – one that has one level without stairs or steep sidewalks. Or they may be moving to a home that’s closer to family. Either way, we can help with the moving process.
Sunlight Support partners with trusted third-party moving and move coordination companies to assist older adults and their families with the emotional and physical aspects of relocation and/or aging in place.
- Developing an overall move plan
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing
- Customized floor plans and assessment of your new home space
- Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, buy-out, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above
- Scheduling and overseeing movers
- Arranging shipments and storage
- Provide professional packing services
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, senior escort, assisting with selection of a realtor and helping prepare the home to be sold.
Q & A:
How is this approach different than just a moving company?
- Senior move management is a multi-faceted approach to the move process: from space planning in the beginning to post-move support and advocacy.
- It minimizes the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process.
- With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced move management partner, customers and their families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
- A senior move company does so much more than simply sort, settle and move boxes; with loads of energy, enthusiasm and experience, we take the worry (and work!) out of the move process. The customers job is to simply enjoy his or her new living arrangement.
How much does senior move management services cost?
- It’s virtually impossible to calculate what a specific move might cost, as the fee can vary considerably by the services requested.
- Based on the requested services, it may be determined that it’s more cost effective for the customer to charge fees on an hourly basis, while at other times prefer to package the cost of the entire job at one price.
- You’ll always receive the outline the cost of a job through a written estimate before you are required to submit payment. An average size move can range from $2,000-$4,000. Sometimes this fee is much lower, or much higher depending on the overall time it takes to complete. Smaller jobs can take a few days where bigger jobs can take several weeks to complete.
I am interested in obtaining some help with my mom’s move, but we can do most of the work to save money. Can I still get help with just some of the work?
Yes, our partners offer a menu of services from which you can choose and you pay accordingly. The ultimate goal is to ease the stress of the move process for older adults and family members, not add to your concerns.