Our Story at Sunlight Senior Care
The journey to Sunlight Senior Care began with the medical products industry. We all remember grandpa’s knees getting bad, so he had to use a cane. Or Grandma’s need to take her blood sugar so she wouldn’t faint. These medical needs were simply a window into a much larger picture that was developing in the senior population. By providing needed medical equipment and products, we built strong relationships among caregivers, provider, and seniors in the community.
But we saw the challenge of the aging population and wanted to see how we might better serve these individuals.
As we looked through the senior care services available in the midwest, we discovered an obvious gap. This gap existed in the space between senior care and the entire care continuum – a breadth of services coordinated by one provider, that would make it possible for an individual to remain in the comfortable and familiar environment where they’d raised their children, hosted holiday gatherings, and created many years of memories.
And with that discovery, Sunlight Senior Care was born.
A continuum that exists beyond in home care!
It is our goal to provide connections to services across an entire care continuum, spanning the myriad of needs that arise during the aging process. These needs typically include:
- In-home care, companionship, and help with household tasks
- Home modifications, such as removing carpet, installing grab bars, widening doorways, updating bathrooms, etc.
- Meals and nutrition, including home-delivery of nutritious and affordable meals
- Legal support, including insurance, estate planning, and identity theft protection
- Home medical equipment, such as diabetes test strips, bedpans, walkers, and more.
- Senior move management – helping seniors downsize, sell, donate, move, and organize a lifetime of belongings and possessions.